I am excited to be interviewing my friend Gretchen Breuner today — Gretchen trains speakers authors and coaching on how to find and book quality speaking opportunities. During our conversation she rolls up her sleeves and answers all of my questions, including coaching me around some of my past booking experiences.
By listening in, you’ll learn:
- Critical things to know as you begin the process of becoming a speaker.
- The most important tips for finding and booking speaking gigs
- Best way to get started as a speaker
- Top 3 things to not do as a speaker
- #1 question to go from free to paid speaking gigs
- How to use Linked In to find speaking opportunities.
- The best process for hiring a speaking agent.
You can learn more about Gretchen and her Speaker Training System on her website Gretchen Breuner
After working with a number of private clients on how to get speaking gigs, Gretchen Breuner now trains speakers, authors, coaches, experts and small business owners (The Talent) on how to find and book quality speaking opportunities, without wasting a lot of time and energy. She also figured out that it was the Talent’s support person, or VA, that should be trained on how to find speaking gigs. This way, the Talent could get on stage, and the Team knew just what to do to make that happen. Finally, everyone was happy.
When she first started as a speaker, Gretchen spoke nationally and internationally, appeared on San Diego’s TODAY show, other TV programs, was featured in newspapers, PARENTS magazine and also appeared on KPBS radio.